[3830] WPX SSB KU2M SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KU2M SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:11:30 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2116
   10:
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

It was great to hear the 15M band coming back to life again. After the band died
rather early Friday night (the band died a scant 40 minutes after the start of
the contest), I feared the worst for the weekend, but Saturday morning it came
roaring back with terrific European activity and good signals. On Dupeday (some
people call it "Sunday"), conditions were actually better than they
were on Saturday. To my pleasant surprise, I was called by a few YBs and HSs
while running EU on Dupeday morning - and that hasn't happened in years.
Absorption to JA was reduced, and as a huge surprise, the band actually reopened
to JA and Asia Saturday night, an hour after it had completely shut down. Talk
about a Lazarus Effect!

On a more serious and sad note, let's all hope for a return to peaceful
conditions which may restore activity and participation from our UB and UA
friends, which is all that was missing from this remarkable contest weekend.