[3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 01:39:45 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:37

------------
  160:    3
   80:   36
   40:   59
   20:  117
   15:   68
   10:   26
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First, the good news: my best score since the sunspot maximum
a few years ago.

I wasn't going to take this one seriously, as I had a busy weekend.
But, as these things go I got sucked in, even with all of the bad
audio and my aching ears.  Friday night was slow, with only 24 Qs
in the short time I had before a favorite 10pm TV show and 11pm news.

I woke up ~5am Saturday and checked out 20m -- but I was too late
for the EU opening and the bands were generally disappointing, so I
went back to bed.  The rest of Saturday went well, including the
hour after the 11pm news.

Sunday morning ~ 8am local saw BAD qrm from all directions.  It
sounded like an old car with a bad ignition.  I gave up after
half an hour.  With a bunch of stuff I had to do Sunday, I didn't
get back on until 2:15pm local.  Tried to run a bit, but my typing
just isn't up to it -- so back to S&P/C&P. Had a good time on 40
after dinner until 7:59.

All in all, a good & fun time.  I'm glad I succumbed to the call
of the bands.

Real BIC = 8:37 hours  (Official 60 minute time = 14:31 hours)
Logger: N3FJP's CQ WPX Contest Log Version 4.9.2
Rig: TS590SG
 Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40 [SE-NW] AND trapped
       160/75 [S-N, with North end turning a few times to
       fit in the yard] @ 35' at center, ~15'at ends
   20  HB Moxon @ 36'
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33'
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30'