[3830] CWopsT WA8Y Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WA8Y Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 14:18:14 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Apr 6

Call: WA8Y
Operator(s): WA8Y
Station: WA8Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Midland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 0:52
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  68
   20:  22
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  90  Mults = 90  Total Score = 8,100

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Five Green Bars almost every time I looked!  Did see 3 yellow bars once, which
is more of the normal during my Remote operations this year.  And it did cut out
(lost internet connection) a few times between 1200Z and 1300Z but not during
the CWT!
So what happened this time to cause a less than one hour ON TIME?  Well it was
my amp.  I have a sticky relay in the 40 LPF and it stuck.  This SWR climbed to
92:1 and the Amp trip out but not before send enough RF back into the Flex USB
(CAT) cable to jam the USB port and it required a shut down and restart.  I
first did a reboot of the Amp but that was not enough.
Anyway I had a pretty good run on 40 meters.  Started out S&P on 40m and
when I found a hole I started Running.  My SWR was 1.4:1 so I re-tuned the Amp's
ATU and got it down to 1.12:1 and continued my run (so I really lost another 2
minutes) .
There was good DX from YB1RIF(I was 599 for real) and YB0ECT (I was 599+10) just
before the CWT and one VK6HG during the CWT on 20 meters.