[3830] JIDX CW VJ3A(VK3JA) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3ja@aol.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW VJ3A(VK3JA) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:12:12 +0000
                    JIDX CW Contest - 2022

Call: VJ3A
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    9     9
   20:   24    15
   15:  190    39
   10:  177    35
-------------------
Total:  400    98  Total Score = 56,546

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This was a very enjoyable contest.  Solid, clean sigs from transequitorial prop
JA to VK with polite, competent operators from JA.

Propagation was exceptional with ten meters the best I've heard in years.  In
the final hours beaming north I had a large number of EU stations calling in
interrupting the JA's I wanted to work.  A very good sign for the years to
come.

At the start of the contest expecting good sigs from JA I decided to operate low
power - something I haven't done in many years.  I was surprised how enjoyable
it was to operate a simple station setup when the signals are strong.  I think
I'll be trying more often to operate in LP mode (well . . . . we'll see).  ;)