[3830] 144SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 00:49:26 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I decided to use this rove to check out a couple of spots to my east, namely
Raccoon Mountain in Chattanooga (EM75) and Lookout Mountain near Trenton, GA
(EM74).  Raccoon Mountain was good to the northeast, east, and southeast, but
poor back to the west.  My operating time was limited by TVA security securing
the park and overlook area prior to the 0030Z closing time.  Lookout Mountain
was a fantastic location in all directions.  I even worked KE8FD (EN80) and KB8U
(EN71) from there.  KB8U was my best DX of the contest at 492 miles.
I then went back to my home grid of EM64, gaining an hour of contest time as I
crossed into the Central Time Zone, but since I started in the Eastern Time
Zone, I am not counting the three QSOs and one mult that I worked after 11 p.m.
Eastern.

Rig:  ICOM IC-9700 @ 100W
Antennas:  Efactor dual-band horizontal loop (in motion), Diamond 144S10 10L
Yagi (stopped)