[3830] MiQP K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:37:22 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party - 2022

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:   11
   40:   12      4
   20:   16      9
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   39     13  CW Mults = 17  Ph Mults = 12  Total Score = 2,639

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I've a very warm spot in my heart for the MiQP, as that's where I got my start
in mobile contesting, with W8RU, in the 2000 MiQP. Followed by mobile trips
every year through 2013. I'm now a Florida snowbird, so not about to leave the
warm weather to head north in mid April and miss the Florida QSO Party which
comes a week later, or in the case this year, two weeks later.

A very busy day here, as my daughter's family arrived in the afternoon. So an
hour or so operating early, and some time after we got them settled in their
rental condo.

Lots of weak signals, some workable, some not. My friend K5KG, three miles away
with a KW and beam was running MI guys on 20 SSB, most of whom I could barely
hear on my 80M OCF. I didn't hear any mobiles, which given the Easter weekend
date was not shocking.

I tried a couple of CQs on 15 CW for MI or VE3, but only got calls from OM2VL
and SP6JOE.

Hope to work many MI guys, and others, when I'm out mobile in the Florida QSO
Party April 30/May 1. And eyeball QSOs at Dayton.

73 - Jim  K8MR