[3830] OnQP VE3CRU SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3CRU@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3CRU SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 23:42:29 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party - 2022

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: DUR
Operating Time (hrs): 4.8

  160:
   80:
   40:   45     21     45
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:   45     21      6  Total Score = 9,495

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Much preparation went in for a great rove, with a guest operator running under
his call from the driver's seat of the VE3CRU Rovermobile.  4 mag mounts on a
band switch.  But then reality hit.  My ongoing health issues plus very cold
temperatures meant I could not be standing outside the vehicle in the cold.
At the last minute the rove was cancelled.

A hasty setup at the house got me on the only wire dipole, 40 which proved to be
a great band.  Alternating between cw and ssb saw 26 qso's in the first 2 hours.

The challenge of a cw run followed.  The Bencher paddles were sliding on the
shiny table top making for some sloppy cw, but 23 qso's emerged from park and
call activity.  Being paper log had issues, as completing a qso meant pileups
ensued before I could do my own logging.  I quit at 8 pm after a generous 2
hours for supper out, thinking Sunday would be better.  WRONG!!!  Had 44 on cw
and 20 on ssb at this point.  Sunday saw 2 cw and 0 ssb for a total of 66
qso's.

I worked all 5 bonus stations.  I also worked VE3SMA/R in 4 grids.  Heard Bob
VE3WG/R once but never worked him.  I also worked well known dx OM2VL from
Slovakia on cw.  On Sunday the band very early was not dead, but all heard were
already in my log.

I had a lot of fun and am happy that I did so well.

Thanks to all for giving me qso's, for those who were active in the OQP and to
the CCO team of Tom Haavisto VE3CX and staff for making all of this possible.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU