[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 15:22:31 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 13.3

   40:   32      3
   20:  188    152
   15:   36     19
   10:
--------------------
Total:  256    174  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 52  Total Score = 81,634

Club:

Comments:

Log has been uploaded to LOTW and submitted to the QSO Party sponsor.

Great conditions between Kansas and Florida this year! There didn't seem to be
as many mobiles as usual, but their county coverage was excellent.

I think everyone was waiting for K1XX/m to cross the county line into Monroe.
Signals were fading, but he had great ears as he gave me the mixed Sweep at
1854Z on Sunday after working down the pileup a bit. I waited another half hour
for him to give me Miami-Dade county for the CW Sweep at 1927Z.

Thanks to the mobiles for making this QSO party so much fun. My
"Consistently Loudest Signal into Kansas Award" goes to K4OJ with a
close second to W4AN. Here's the mobile box score:

30: K4OJ
26: N4CW
24: K1XX
20: W4AN
17: N4FP
11: K8MR
07: N4DAB
06: AA4TI K4FCG

I finally had a chance to chase lots of 1x1 calls. I understand now why ops have
so much fun chasing our Kansas QSO Party ops! K1TO did a great job of organizing
the 25 1x1 calls to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the FQP. They were all out
in full force! It took me 2.5 hours to complete the 1x1 Sweep by working N4N at
1835Z on Saturday. I then decided to try to work all the 1x1 calls in all their
listed modes and eventually got that Sweep from N4P at 2053Z on Sunday.

Thanks to the FCG for another great job sponsoring the event, and thanks to all
who participated!

The 2022 Kansas QSO Party is on August 27-28. Last year we had 69 1x1 calls in
all 105 counties including 15 mobiles and 11 portables. Three Florida stations
placed well up in the standings last year: K3TW (Second Place, Sunday), WX4G
(Third Place Sunday) and K5KG (First Place Multi-Op). Congrats to them and an
invitation to all of you to come join us in the fun ..

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College Amateur Radio Club