[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 20:45:15 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: IL-EN61/EN51
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 5  Max Dist(km) = 153  Total Score = 376

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

An effort that, for me, was focused on completing contacts with TWO new Grids on
10 GHz from a portable location on a 'suburban mountain' (also known as a
multi-level public parking structure) where I've done a bit of operating on the
band. BIG Thanks to K9PW/R for visiting the two grids he visited and completing
those contacts with me.

Three contacts with two different stations on 10G (two CW, one SSB).
Two contacts with one station on 902 (see below).

The contact with the "Max Dist(km)" of 153 km was on 10G.

Two contacts on 902 MHz were interesting...I was able to copy the other station
fine on FM with my Alinco HT but, while my signal could be 'seen' on the other
station's IF radio (a Flex), no audio was being detected - so I sent my exchange
by keying the Push-To-Talk button which the other station was able to copy and I
heard "Rogers" from the other station on FM. Amazing what can be done
to complete contacts sometimes.

Again and as always, thanks to all who were on, to the Central States VHF
Society for their continued sponsorship of the Spring VHF & Up Sprint series
and to the Society's management committee of KA2KQM, W0ZQ and WB8BZK.

Four down and one to go...hoping for some Es next Saturday for the 50 MHz Sprint
and to find lots of folks who will still use their Microphones (or Keys) and
Ears to complete contacts in the SSB and CW segments of the band.

73, JK