[3830] 7QP NN7SS(WD6T) SOCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidajaffe@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NN7SS(WD6T) SOCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 07:27:48 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2022

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: WAKNG
Operating Time (hrs): 17:15
Remote Operation

  160:    13
   80:    97
   40:   335
   20:   503
   15:   252
   10:    15
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  1215    0       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 240,570

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Mark/Burt/Mork K6UFO for the privilege of remotely accessing his
commanding station, as well as for on call tech support.

I debated doing mixed mode like last year, as I like the action and switching
back and forth... but SSB had some complications, so I followed the "keep
it simple, stupid" edict with just CW and one radio (i.e. just a boy and
his Internet...except there was a network issue where the radio connection would
fail every now and then, causing me to disappear mid-QSO; I've listed my time as
17:15, to account for the missing minutes.)

I was strictly SO1R this time, which was a different experience from what I'm
accustomed to: hopping from band to band and run/S&P and wondering if the
grass is greener on the other side.

I enjoyed working the NEQPers/INQPers/DEQPers. It's always fun to see how I did
in those contests, even though I wasn't focusing on them.

Conditions seemed variable on the high bands, if my RBN numbers were any
indication. 15 got very noisy in the middle of the day.  40 seemed very noisy at
the end.

Rates were as follows:

110/68/85/100/57/62/62/55/61/56/48/57/66/74/68/85/66/35

Participation seemed down from last year. I made 100 more Qs on CW than last
year, but last year, I also made phone QSOs.  As expected, 15 was the big
positive delta from last year. 20 was a bit worse, as was 40 and 80.

Enjoyable contest.

73
Dave
WD6T