[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9PW/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9PW@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9PW/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 15:19:52 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: K9PW/R
Operator(s): K9PW
Station: K9PW/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 37  Max Dist(km) = 252  Total Score = 4,619

Club:

Comments:

Two goals for this contest:
   Help two new stations get on 10G (WD9EGE & K9JCZ).
   Get further from the Chicago stations to increase my score.
So, went to two sites in southeast WI which have been used by rovers for decades
during VHF contests.  Neither seemed to work as well as hoped.
Worked seven different callsigns.  Tried & failed with three more.  Didn't
even get to try with several others (sorry).  We were ready at the start, but no
contacts during the first hour.  60% of the contacts were in the last 90
minutes.  All CW except four SSB contacts.

Had modified the XVTR down to 3400MHz.  Was heard, but no contacts.  Never tried
5.7G.  Didn't bring or need 24G, 47G, 122G.

Distance calculator:
https://contest-clubs.arrl.org/griddistancecalc.php