[3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 02:44:48 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

Club:

Comments:

Used the sprint to check out a new hilltop. With rain and lightning in the
forecast, I decided to use the loop permanently mounted to the roof of the van
rather than the bigger antennas that need assembly. Lots of lightning static,
but no rain at FN22gp. I heard two beacons and worked two stations in the first
hour. In the second hour the beacons disappeared when the propagation fizzled.
There was no one else answering my CQs, so I shut down at 0100Z and drove home.
Too bad the sprint wasn't the previous Saturday when 6m was open. The better DX
was 226 miles / 364 km from central NY to N1JEZ in northeast Vermont. Not bad
for SSB with no amplifier, no preamp, no Internet, and no directional antenna.