[3830] NCCC Sprint VP5/K4BAI(@VP5M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VP5/K4BAI(@VP5M) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 03:32:45 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - May 27

Call: VP5/K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: VP5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TCI
Operating Time (hrs): 0:28

  160:
   80:
   40:  10     10
   20:  13     11
   15:  18     13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  41     34  Total Score = 1,394

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Enjoying our time here at Harbour Rock, a rental QTH (not just to hams) owned by
my college roommate at Mercer University in Macon, GA in the early 1960s, Jim,
K4
qPL.  We were at Dayton last week and are here for CQ WPX CW this weekend.  We
will be M/S low power as VP5M.  Using a K3 to a 3 element Steppir, which has a
40/30 m dipole in addition to the 3 element yagi for the higher bands.  Was
running with a KPA500 outside the contest as VP5/K4BAI on 80M when time for NS
approached.  I considered doing it high power because I thought I would need it
to be heard in the states.  I have done a lot of NS contests from here and from
PJ4/K4BAI.  Note that Caribbean islands in SA do count for mults in NS only (not
in NA Sprints).  Those would principally be PJ2, PJ4, P4, and 9Y/9Z.  Don't
think any of these were in NS tonight.  Took too long to set up a new log and
the F keys and missed the first two minutes.  15M was wonderful.  I've never
ever from any QTH had my best band in NS be 15M, but it was tonight.  20M was
also very good as was 40.  Ran the K3 barefoot and was heard from coast to
coast.  Actually I couldn't get K4OAQ on 20 or 40 and his signal seemed weaker
that I would have expected.  Anyway, plenty of NSs from home and I have worked
only 30 or ever fewer QSOs.  Didn't fall far below the "magic number"
of 1500 to ee mentioned in Tom's promo every week.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Hope
Jim and I work you all in the WPX test this weekend, particularly if you will be
using a rare prefix.  73, John, VP5/K4BAI.