[3830] WPX CW NN7CW SOAB Unassisted Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN7CW@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN7CW SOAB Unassisted Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 19:28:47 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    2
   80:  180
   40:  900
   20:  684
   15:  522
   10:   28
------------

Club:

Comments:

First serious 24h only "Classic" participation, due to the lack of any
other WPX Unassisted options nowadays. I had a lot of fun, but it surely feels
weird to end the contest while it's still going strong, or skipping the
interesting grayline moments for the sake of higher rates.
The weather man predicted a lot of trouble, so I decided to extend my chosen
operating times when I could and finish even earlier, rather than potentially
running into the last, late Sunday hours before the end. While 40m was okay, 80m
was very noisy, but at least I was not forced to shut down by any approaching
thunderstorms.
20m was good, but the nice conditions encouraged me to spend a good amount of my
time on 15m. I did not get a chance to go back on 20m Su morning to find out how
many more stations I could have worked.
The contest was fun, but not as much as it used to be. I would really like a
Classic-like category that comes with extended hours, let's say 36h. And if you
could go ahead and allow SO2R, that would be great! HI
On the good side, there's now plenty of time to do the write-up right away and
do other stuff Su afternoon.

73, Wolf, NN7CW