[3830] WPX CW N3OC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N3OC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:34:31 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N3OC
Operator(s): N3OC
Station: N3OC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 26
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   61
   40:  433
   20:  547
   15:  459
   10:   24
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Semi-serious effort, but not full time. First big contest with SO2R (other than
CWT) and was interesting to see how SO2R (and 2BSIQ) might work with a serial
number contest. 2BSIQ was kind of a disaster during busy times, better to run on
one radio and S&P on the other.

Storms, radio static and K of 5 on Friday night. Not so good. Conditions were
GREAT on Saturday night. I need to get more acclimated with summertime
propagation, I am a fall/winter contest guy. Definitely not good during the day
other than 10/15 meters and nighttime was the best.

As for SO2R, I need a third tower!  I can split my 10/15/20 stack but then I
only have one direction covered, which is not good. So any SO2R had to involve
40/80 meters which are on the other towers so during the day I was really only
one radio. Have to figure out how to squeeze in another tribander somewhere on
the 40m tower I guess.

But still great fun. JA/Asia was fantastic on Saturday night on 15m.

radio 1 - FT1000MP Mark V with Alpha 2x3cx800 1500w 40-2CD stack

radio 2 - K3 with KPA500 (my SPE 1500w amp still blown up 5th time) bencher
skyhawk stack 10/15/20

80m 3-el wire beam NE/SW

Now back to regular ops here, 6m FT8 LOL.

Brian N3OC