[3830] WPX CW MM/W7YAQ SOAB Unassisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW MM/W7YAQ SOAB Unassisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:56:08 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: MM/W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: MM/W7YAQ

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: Shetland Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 24.7

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  343
   20:  319
   15:   38
   10:
------------
Total:  700  Prefixes = 437  Total Score = 1,241,954

Club:

Comments:

Portable operation from Scalloway, Shetland Islands, grid IP90.
Barefoot K3.
Antennas: R5 vertical for 15 and 20, quarter-wave vertical for 40 (wire on 10m
fiberglass pole) with 8 radials.

QTH was not optimal, with a big hill to the east. Antennas had to be placed
downhill from our small rented cabin.

MM/W7YAQ is a lousy call for a contest.  Long, and the unexpected / caused great
confusion.  And, no, I wasn't maritime mobile. It often took 3 or 4 tries to
help others unscramble it.

My score will need to be corrected as Writelog scored it as if I was in Oregon.
So I'm guessing a reduction of 10 to 20%.

Nevertheless I've had a wonderful 10 days on the Shetland Islands, sightseeing
and playing radio.  Leave on Tuesday by overnight ferry to Aberdeen, and fly
home to Oregon from Edinburgh on Thursday.

73 and thanks for the fun,
Bob MM/W7YAQ