[3830] WPX CW AA5B(N6TR) SOAB Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AA5B(N6TR) SOAB Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 01:19:38 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AA5B
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:    4
   80:   80
   40:  554
   20: 1144
   15:  444
   10:   22
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Bruce - AA5B - for the use of his call.  Was hoping to remote him
in from Delaware and do a multi-op, but that didn't work out.

The station here is barely DX contest capable.  Got a rotator under the
5L20/5L15 just before the contest which helped a lot.  However, I can't really
use both antennas at the same time for SO2R - so had to fill in with
tri-banders, and one of them seemed to have developed a problem (perhaps rain
induced).  Much easier to do single-band efforts here in DX tests. The Beverages
hadn't gotten fixed yet which would have been handy.  We have had a lot of
storms here during the past couple of months.

First major contest with the K4.  Still on the fence about whether I like it
better than the K3.  Also - first major contest since turning off the DOS
computer and adopting TR Linux.  Used an SO2R mini with my own firmware and it
keyed away all weekend.

Bands were really noisy at times.  20M sounded like 160 this afternoon.  Best
QSO was getting the attention of 9N7AA this morning on 20 meters and he turned
his beam or something and we made it.

Rigs - K3, K4 - and pair of KPA-1500.
160M Vertical
80M Quad loop