[3830] WPX CW VY2TT SOAB Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VY2TT SOAB Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 09:40:20 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): VY2TT
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  241
   40:  727
   20: 1586
   15: 1057
   10:   20
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was going to operate assisted, but I was unable to get VE7CC to reject spots
from outside W1 - W3. I couldn't get the filter to work as it always has.

I prefer unassisted, so that visit from Murphy didn't bother me. That the 40
meter yagi rotator failed 6 hours into the contest did bother me, as did finding
the middle 20m yagi rotator that was just fixed wasn't working either.

On the plus side, this was my first contest with 2 K4s. What a slick rig.

Conditions seemed great on Thursday with 20 open to EU at 0800Z and 15 open at
0830, but not on the contest weekend.

The Russians decided not to play so my concern about a few hundred zero point
QSOs was unfounded. I recall only 3 Russian QSOs. 2 from Ukraine.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT