[3830] WPX CW NA4W(K4WI) SOSB10 Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4wi@k4wi.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NA4W(K4WI) SOSB10 Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 10:41:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NA4W
Operator(s): K4WI
Station: K4WI

Class: SOSB10 HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:  149
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This was a tuff one. My wife had aortic heart valve replacement and was supposed
to come home Thursday. But they decided to keep her another day. Got home about
5 PM Friday so got her settled in and started the TEST about 0040. Band was open
nicely to VK/ZL and SA so I thought it would be good for Sat/Sun! The next
morning I worked JA3YBK at 1116 long path.... downhill from there. Nothing but a
few SA and USA and it closed early. Sun was a repeat until 1950Z when I started
hearing Euro's very weakly... all were S zero but I did get about 15 in the log.
Weird part was it didn't matter what direction I pointed the antenna... short
path, long path, or any where in between.... mostly kept it pointed due west. It
was dark in Europe then and who knows how their signals made it to Alabama! I
would RUN or SP for  a while and then go help my wife so only was able to get 12
hours in. Thanks for all the Q's... 73's Cort K4WI/NA4W