[3830] WPX CW K6NR SOAB Unassisted Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K6NR SOAB Unassisted Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 18:10:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:36
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    3
   80:   64
   40:  236
   20:  493
   15:  449
   10:   52
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Decent conditions and lots of activity make for a good contest.  20
meters was good to Europe and most other parts of the world during
large parts of the contest.  15 had strong stations to a subset of
europe on the second day - France, Croatia for example.  15 and
below were good for state side.  10 meters left something to be
desired, mostly limited to South America.  Few JAs on 15, none on
10.  I worked a couple of Eu on 10 meters on Sunday - they were
weak and my beam heading was South of East, about 90 degrees off a
direct path.  40 and 80 were good in the morning to Asia, with
quite a few JA stations worked.  Each time I checked 160 I heard 1
station or less.  Felt sorry for the NH7T 160 operator; lots of
calls, few replies.

The wind at the station was averaging over 20 mph and gusting
around 40 mph causing all sorts of noise on the radio.  My 15 meter
yagi is near the power line coming into the house and was useless
in that direction (northwest).  I have a A3 tribander about 200
feet away that had less noise.  Hopefully when the wind eventually
dies down the bands will get quieter.

As always, the biggest challenge for me is sitting in the chair for
so long, with a distinct lack of cooperation from various parts of
my body.  I worked the first half of the contest from the station
near Victorville, but drove home and finished remotely from home
where its easier to take breaks.

Thanks for all of the QSOs everyone.

  Dana

Station: Elecraft K4 with KPA1500 amp
5L @ 48' on 10 meters, 5L @45' on 15, 4L @ 55' on 20, 40 meter 4
square, 80 meter vertical over 66 radials; K9AY and short beverage
receive antennas