[3830] WPX CW HG0Y(HA7GN) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha7gn@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW HG0Y(HA7GN) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 21:41:53 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: HG0Y
Operator(s): HA7GN
Station: HA7GN

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: JN97ww
Operating Time (hrs): 34:52
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1711
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

So, this is the score when a rotor or it's controller of the primary antenna in
use decides to boycotte a contest right at the start. It has cemented itself
towards NW. I planned a light effort running remote after a busy week, but the
frustrating recognition killed the motivation for several hours. Finally,
dropped the idea driving 160km to the QTH fixing it during the night and rather
changed the operating plan instead. The decision helped taking it easier and
enjoying the contest.
I use a lighter setup for remote operation vs the serious gear for onsite
contesting. However, the NA QSO count became about the same as previous years,
but missed Asia almost completely due to the rotator issue. Still logged 14
persistent JA stations answering my CQ who patiently listened to my 4-digit
serial number repeats. Even if hearing AS quite well I had no chance to break
the pileups during S&P.
There were many good West Coast openings and lots of long path QSOs. The cherry
on top was ZL2IFB with his 5W via LP 10 minutes to the end.

Rig: K3+K3 mini, 1kW solid state PA, 4L mono Yagi @ 17m.

Thanks to all calling me back. 73/DX Gabor (HA7GN)