[3830] WPX CW AB1J SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AB1J SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 23:20:21 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:45

------------
  160:
   80:   12
   40:
   20:
   15:  220
   10:   14
------------

Club:

Comments:

2022-05-20 0016z SFI=114 Kp=4 signals initially raspy, later hollow
2022-05-28 1200z SFI=114 Kp=5
2022-05-28 1500z SFI=114 Kp=3
2022-05-28 1800z SFI=114 Kp=2
2022-05-28 2100z SFI=102 Kp=1
2022-05-29 1000z SFI=102 Kp=3
2022-05-29 1730z SFI=102 Kp=3
2022-05-29 2145Z SFI=98  Kp=3
2022-05-29 2400Z SFI=98  Kp=3

This is a 15m single band entry. I worked a bit of 10m and 80m as a diversion.

I thought 15m conditions were poor. The SFI dropped all weekend and the Kp
started high. Sunday was better than Saturday. With my 15m antenna I need better
conditions to have a rewarding and meaningful experience. It wasn't until Sunday
afternoon that I had much success at working EU. By then I'd diverted my
attention elsewhere, like the Indy 500 which I haven't watched in years (my bad,
I'm a Hoosier, a lapsed Hoosier, to be sure, but even so ...).

This was sort of okay as I wasn't interested in going all out. A relaxed fit
operation. Along with many others, I'm looking forward to the ARRL Int'l Digital
Contest next weekend. Inaugural contests are always fun with records set galore.
I need to conserve my resources for that event.

I'll see some of you there. Others, most definitely not.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp
15m: attic dipole (lower noise, used mostly for receiving)
15M: outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog