[3830] KyQP K4BAI SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] KyQP K4BAI SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 02:43:19 +0000
                    Kentucky QSO Party - 2022

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:29

  160:
   80:    4      0      0
   40:   33     11     30
   20:   14      2      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   51     13      0  Mults = 38  Total Score = 4,870

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Enjoyable QSO party.  Thanks to Ty, N4TY, for two of the 6 KY counties I needed
all time.  These were LAW and ELL.  Still need these:  Lewis, Meade, Allen, and
Trimble.  Any suggestions for working these would be appreciated.  Started out
HP with my KPA1500, but about 3:30 PM, a component in it blew with a huge BAM!
I thought lightning had struck near our house or a power transformer had blown
on a nearby pole.  But the power was still on, but the  amp was on, but there
was no output power.  So rest of the KYQP was run barefoot.  With the help of
KU8E over the telephone, I did get the back up amp, an Alpha 78 running later in
the evening.  Thanks for all QSOs, especially the mobiles.  Good job everyone.
73, John, k4BAI