[3830] ARRL Dig VE3CT(VE3UTT) SO1R-8 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ajt@atolda.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig VE3CT(VE3UTT) SO1R-8 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 20:59:26 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: VE3CT
Operator(s): VE3UTT
Station: VE3CT

Class: SO1R-8 LP
QTH: FN04
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   44
   20:   57
   15:   95
   10:    5
    6:
------------
Total:  201  Total Score = 1,343

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

IC-705 / Optibeam (fixed due South)

Well the ARRL Digital Contest has run.  I tried WSJT-X, WSJT-Z, MSHV, and JTDX
all with or without N1MM.  No program works properly and no I couldn’t write a
better one.  WSJT-X and WSJT-Z both had problems with PTT and CAT making them
useless.  JTDX of course was the best, as usual, however since the developers
did not want to implement contests it was a chore to use effectively.

MSHV was the cleanest and most complete with its support of the contest.  It
worked very well on FT4 but did not work at all on FT8 (?).  I ended up using
MSHV standalone FT4 with QSO details transmitted to N1MM.  However, I did notice
that it didn’t log every contact.  I couldn’t get it to work under N1MM.
Soldered on for a total of 5 hours but it was painful.

Hope all had fun.