[3830] ARRL Dig K6OK SO1R-24 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig K6OK SO1R-24 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 03:04:55 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SO1R-24 LP
QTH: ELDO
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:    6
   40:   56
   20:  234
   15:  373
   10:   12
    6:
------------
Total:  681  Total Score = 11,277

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Marvelous propagation conditions for the inaugural ARRL International Digital
contest!  15 meters was amazing, it was open just about all night; not just
open, but wide open around the globe.  My best DX on 15m was working 3B8, which
is near my antipodes, after 10pm local time. To make that contact on 15m well
after dark with 100 watts was unexpected, to say the least.  Thank you Mister
Sun for having sunspots while being quiescent at the same time.

My strategy was pretty simple: approach it like DXing, maximizing distance, not
rate. Watched the clusters closely to see what was open where. Used DX alerts to
tell me when good DX was popping up. Seemed to pay off, I noticed on the live
scoreboards that some SO2R stations were getting double the QSOs but not double
the points.  But at least they were not bored, LOL.

For the first running of a contest I thought the participation was pretty good.
It's a good contest, it compliments WW DIGI later in the year. Thanks to ARRL
for creating it. See you in WW DIGI in August and ARRL IDC next year.