[3830] ARRL Dig NH6O SO1R-8 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig NH6O SO1R-8 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 10:56:09 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: SO1R-8 QRP
QTH: Honolulu, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   79
   15:   34
   10:    1
    6:
------------
Total:  114  Total Score = 1,439

Club:

Comments:

Limited park portable QRP operation from 0300-0700z, and again from 2130-2330z
Sunday. Interesting event - much of my QRP operation is on FT8/FT4 anyway, so it
was a chance to rework many stations that I have contacted/confirmed before
during regular non-contest sessions.

Late afternoons/evenings are almost always the best for me in terms of band
conditions - if I had the capability of staying out late, I would have worked
0300-1100z to get some 40m contacts in, plus much more of the fascinating
20m/15m/10m propagation that happens after dark. I had 100 contacts in the log
in under 4 hours, which is pretty good for the mode(s) and the band conditions
for me.

The midday session later Sunday was unremarkable - lots of signals, but most of
them too weak for me to contact - almost nothing peaked above S3 except for
locals and a handful of West Coast/JA's. It is like Mother Nature turns on an
attenuator here that doesn't go away until late afternoon!

Congrats to the other QRP ops who participated - it really is amazing what you
can work with limited power and small antennas on FT8/FT4.

73 and Aloha,
Bob NH6O in Honolulu
Elecraft KX3 - 5W, tree-supported 9.5m end-fed vertical wire