[3830] ARRL June VHF W9SZ Single Op Port-Analog QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9sz.zack@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W9SZ Single Op Port-Analog QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:37:19 +0000

  3.4:   1      1
  5.7:   0      0
  10G:   1      1
  24G:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  19     19  Total Score = 1,121

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I wasn't looking forward to setting up all those antennas or tearing them down
when done. But the weather was great - slightly overcast with no wind. I got
pretty worn out setting it all up and it took longer than expected. I wonder if
I'm getting too old for this. But once I got on the air, everything worked
except 6 meters. I was using a Moxon and it had a very high SWR. It worked fine
a couple months ago and I suspect a bad length of coax. I only managed one QSO
on 6 meters. In the past I have worked over 100 stations on 6m alone in this
contest. There were no big openings on 6 m and I only heard a handful of
stations on CW or SSB. Conditions seemed kind of flat. Not the expected activity
on the higher bands, either.