[3830] ARRL June VHF AA9RK/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AA9RK/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 04:43:32 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  49     24  Total Score = 1,368

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

We operated from grids EN53 (Mary Knoll Park), EN52 (McCarty Park), EN62
(Manitoba Park), and EN63 (Veterans Memorial Park) on Saturday afternoon and
early evening.  6 meter conditions were three steps below miserable, and we had
very little success on that band at any stop.  2 meters and 70 cm were saved by
local operators contacting us in each new grid square on FM, and also by some
short-lived but helpful propagation enhancement on both SSB and FT8.

If we'd had Sunday's conditions on Saturday, we might have made three times as
many contacts or more.  It wound up being about 3 and a half hours' worth of
operating time, with a rate of roughly 14 QSOs per hour.

It was still a fun time despite the frustrating propagation.

Radios: FT-991 (weak signal modes while stopped), FT-7900 (2m/70cm FM while in
motion)

Antennas: Dipole on 6 meters, A144S5 5el beam on 2 meters, A432S10 10el beam on
70 cm, all on a 10 ft mast while stopped.  Comet SBB-1 for FM while in motion.

Software: WSJT-X, N3FJP

Total Contacts by Band and Mode:

 Band       CW   Phone     Dig   Total       %
    6        0       4      16      20      41
    2        0      14       7      21      43
   70        0       7       1       8      16
 Total       0      25      24      49     100