[3830] ARRL June VHF K1TO Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1TO Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 15:00:44 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: EL87
Operating Time (hrs): 18

    6: 1159   239
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1159   239  Total Score = 277,001

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Great SSB for many hours on Sunday and over 1000 SSB QSOs total.  SSB allowed
the personal connection to so many - huge value.  No rain/static and often no
QRM made SSB fun on Sunday.  Glad the openings extended across virtually
everyone.  N1MM software allows the wrong mode, so 50 or so QSOs need
correction.  Didn't try FT4 or MSK at all and the CW was short.

Huge number of rovers out - kudos to all of them.

Grids:
Highlight was finding a guy in DM09 who got N7WT DM08 on.  You have no idea how
many times I've seen N7WT on the PSKR map.  Other new ones were N7T DN78 and
KF0IDT DN80.  Nice chat with N5GFK EL59 after mentioning our recent Q to a
number of guys in close-by grids.  Huge signal again from AC0RA EN15 who was new
the other day.

Missed DM31 by N7GP and 2 grids by Jonesy, W3DHJ - should've looked for them
Spoke to W0NOZ EN04 about EN03.  He knew AA0F who I worked, but not yet QSLed.
AA0F is loading more recent logs to LOTW.  Maybe a rove to EN03 is coming next
year.

Freqs:
The new ARRL Digital event last weekend advocated FT4 50.330-340 and FT8
50.340-350 with steps, but the few contesters stuck to .313 and I never heard a
soul elsewhere.  Was this better on HF?

I am first a contester and second a DXer, so hand picking/clicking grids and
countries took most of the weekend off.

Very much looking forward to SSB in CQ VHF next month.

Thanks a lot for the QSOs!

vy 73, Dan