[3830] ARRL June VHF K2ET/P Single Op Port-All Modes QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2et@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2ET/P Single Op Port-All Modes QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 20:07:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:   3      2
-------------------
Total:  45     26  Total Score = 2,314

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Having operated exclusively as a Rover for the last 5 or so years, and
purchasing a new vehicle back in March (for which I'm still waiting on both the
scheduled time to get a hitch installed, and the roof bars that are backordered
until September), I needed to figure out some way to get on the air. /P seemed
like a great alternative - Saturday was a bust due to having to work most of the
day, and then a party crew being setup in the location I wished to operate from.

Sunday the weather cooperated for a little while, though I think I was bringing
equipment in and out of the rain more than actually operating. It stayed nice
just long enough to allow me to work about 42 stations, but a few loud thunder
claps it was time to pack it up on that hill. After the last antenna was secured
to the roof, it cleared up enough to coordinate a 10ghz contact on loaned out
equipment - as soon as we had finished up, two adjoining stations that were on
frequency hopped in, and we completed QSO's that were right around 150-200km
shots via RS using nothing more than a small horn on top of the transverter
(that was also at about a 30 degree angle). Very nice first experience on 10g
that makes me think I just NEED to have that added to my setup for future
contests! May or may not be planning on ordering a DEMI kit in the next few
weeks...

A little confusion on the final log as I operated some from home on Saturday due
to my /P location being occupied, and just not being able to walk away from that
6m opening - after discussion with the ARRL as to how to do this properly, I'll
be submitting home contacts as a check log so as to not be scored, but to not
mess with anyone's log who worked me - however I will do this by mail so the
computer does not overwrite the portable station, and it's understood why there
is a "duplicate" log from me.

I'll a more detailed synopsis and images posted to www.k2et.net - typically
posts go live on Wednesdays, but it's going to be Friday this week!

73!
Ken