[3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kf2mr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:53:51 +0000

  3.4:    9     2
  5.7:   13     2
  10G:   26     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  435    96  Total Score = 91,968

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Roved in FN23, FN22, FN02, FN03, FN12, and FN13. First time doing 6 grids and 10
bands. I managed a full sweep of 60 contacts with N2JMH and came close with
N2WK. Some nice microwave contacts this contest, including some unbelievable
scatter on 10GHz when the storms came in. It's interesting to see more 10GHz
contacts than 3G and 5G combined. I intentionally stayed away from 6m for a
majority of the contest to make sure I kept my schedule. I did spend a couple of
hours on 6m SSB at the end of the contest before I went home. I never hooked up
the radio for digital modes. It was a backup plan in case I got bored, but I
managed to stay busy the whole time. Upgrades this time out was a 3400
transverter (vs 3456), a 60W amp for 1296 (finally swapped out my 30W backup
amp), and did some minor repackaging on 5 & 10 GHz. I intentionally
downgraded antennas for 6m and 2m to keep things a little bit simpler.
Unfortunately I developed high SWR on 2m on Saturday night and the amp kept
shutting down. Best addition was a camping chair to sit in when working
5&10G outside the car. I look forward to hearing more of the WNY rovers on
the air in September.