[3830] All Asian CW N6ZFO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW N6ZFO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:35:03 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  125    49
   20:  327   108
   15:  157    69
   10:   21    15
-------------------
Total:  630   241  Total Score = 157,784

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Late Friday night I was debating about waiting for 40 to open or getting some
rest and getting up early when I notice just a few spots for 15 meters, mostly
from Eu.  So put out a CQ on 15 and was amazed to work mostly JA's for 3 hours
starting at 2300 local time.  In 67 years on the air I've never experience an
nightime opening like this on 15 meterss.  Then went to 40m for another hour
until 0300 local time.  Opening was thene on the 2nd day on 15 but first night
was better; 40 m was better early Sunday morning.
On sunday afternoon (local Pacific time) new stations were hard to find, so
started to CQ to a dead band.  Finally JA1svp answered and that began a slow
string of JA's, some as strong as S-7.

All-in-all a fun contest with some good DX worked,UN0LM, two stations on Cyprus,
two in asiatic Turkey, JT1CO, HL, DS and a 9m2.

Was able to put in about 14 hours as my protracted recovery from long Covid is
nearly complete

73 Bill N6ZFO