[3830] ARRL FD K8MR 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K8MR 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 23:20:51 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   73     9       0  Total Score = 310

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I'm less interested in FD than I once was. Partly staying up all night is not so
appealing, and partly Class D stations working other Class D stations in Field
Day is a bit like kissing your sister.

Started the day working on on-the-ground antenna projects at K8AZ, then went to
the W3USA 1A operation for about five hours. K indices at 5 don't make for much
fun, though 40 was in decent shape while I was there, and toward the end 20
became productive.

Odd experience at W3USA was being called by W3U. I kept saying to myself "I
know my call, what is yours?" until I finally figured it out. Also, my
condolences to CW ops in Virgina who have to send "3A VA" or "4A
VA". Was that your category or your section?

All the K8MR QSOs were on Sunday, including 23 around 20Z on Sunday. I'm not
sure if you call my effort then fresh meat or table scraps.

73  -  Jim  K8MR