[3830] ARRL FD K1LT 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K1LT 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:57:34 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

At some point I'm going to have to figure out why my score keeps going
down every year.

I set up everything in the barn as always: 25 foot high 80-meter
open-wire fed dipole strung between the house and a pole leaning on a
tree and a full sized 40-meter vertical with 32 radials.  My dipole is
an 80-meter dipole paralleled by a 40-meter wire separated 3 inches
with PVC spacers.  I don't what this arrangement is called, but the
result matches better with the Johnson KW Matchbox.

Conditions seemed down at the beginning but slowly improved over the
contest.  Saturday night QRN on 80 was not awful although it seemed
louder Sunday AM.

Slept the usual 4 hours.

Lots of 15-meter sporadic-E on Sunday which seemed to also exist on 10
meters although there weren't a lot of takers.

No KH6 or KL7, and no East Bay section!  Various VE provinces missing
as well as VI.  Best DX was France and Ecuador.

Without actually comparing the logs, I would have to guess that the
crappy Saturday afternoon high band conditions slowed me down a bit
and the longer nap didn't help either.

Equipment: Elecraft K3 and P3, Samlex power supply, old laptop with
the one true serial port, old IBM Model M keyboard, old Acer LCD
monitor because the laptop screen is too far away, Johnson Viking KW
Matchbox, 80-meter dipole, 40 meter vertical over 32 radials.

I should qualify for the 100% emergency power, W1AW bulletin, and web
submission bonuses (250 points) which is included in the 3830 post.  I
had a message for the section manager prepared, but the guy I
recruited to take my traffic didn't show.