[3830] ARRL FD W6KA(@N6LL) 2E QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6an@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W6KA(@N6LL) 2E QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:26:28 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  326     97      0  Total Score = 4,095

Club:

Comments:

Paul, N6LL, and I set up on his balcony/patio with his KX3, TH-F6A and my
K3. I provided three 27T batteries for power. We ran 5 watts or less.
I brought a 6 meter square loop, a 20 meter half square and a 100' CAT5
twisted pair fed doublet to augment his R5 vertical and 40 meter dipole.
We were active for 16 hours, Paul on voice and me on CW.
20 was the place to be. 15 was never open well for me and on 10 I worked
KY4KY in what seemed to be a 5-minute opening.
Conditions were ever changing. With two antennas on 20 I could switch back
and forth. Sometimes the half square was better, sometimes the 100' doublet
was better. QSB was rampant.
XQ3SK heard me on 20 as he ran FD Qs. When Z21RU fired up around 05Z on
14025 I got him quickly with my own call.
Paul made a bunch of Qs on 2 meter FM and 40 SSB. His wife Janet kept us fed
and hydrated.
Another Field Day for the books.
4,095 points: not bad!

73,