[3830] RAC Day W6DMW(@N6RO) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day W6DMW(@N6RO) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 00:10:02 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2022

Call: W6DMW
Operator(s): W6DMW
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   23    199       7        10
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   23    199       7        10  Total Score = 29,784

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you to N6RO for the station.  We didn't have enough personnel to man a M/M
so we did a couple single operations.  I was on 20 but not at the start, I had
it all day during Friday CA Time.  After spending the evening at home with a
Club Call I woke up at 5:30 and jumped on 20m at N6RO.  There were a few hiccups
in the morning but thanks to N6WM and N6RO we worked past them.

20 was decent.  Even had some European callers which is always nice from the
middle of California.  A few dupes but that's to be expected.  I think this is
the first contest where I was operating on my own with the Extra class.  Wow
what a difference it made!  I loved having no restrictions.  To anyone on the
cusp of getting the upgrade: DO IT!

Over all things started strong but they seemed to get a bit dry around 22 UTC.
Maybe even earlier. Yet they opened back up around 23:00 in spurts.

All in all I really enjoy this contest and it's Winter compadre.

I learn something every contest.  Sometimes it's a little thing.  For instance:
in Flex SDR you can set a Focus Helper Program.  I knew that but I had no idea
it could be any program.  I thought it was just the ones in the drop down.  Such
a game change to make it the VNC program we use for remote operations.

73! W6DMW

Flex 6600 for most of it plus a K3 for an hour as I worked through station
gremlins.
triple stacked tower
PGXL (and Elekraft AMP during the K3 time)