[3830] RAC Day KH6AQ Single Op CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day KH6AQ Single Op CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 00:16:26 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: Single Op CW HP
QTH: Pahoa, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 10:52

  160:    0     0        0         0
   80:    6     0        1         0
   40:   27     0        3         0
   20:  137     0        7         0
   15:  147     0        9         0
   10:    2     0        0         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  319     0       20         0  Total Score = 30,880

Club:

Comments:

Great RAC! Condx were good enough to work stations on 80-10 meters, making this
(I think) my first 80-10m 'test this year. No CMEs or solar flares, just an SFI
of 98, A of 6 and K of 2.

I didn't know the RAC Canada Day 'test was on until I heard it 2 hours into the
'test and immediately fired up N1MM to conduct a semi-casual operation on
Thursday. I Hit it harder on Friday. NA, SA, Oceania, Asia and Europe were
worked. Frequent band changes kept things moving along nicely. I heard stations
on 10m calling but with the S-7 PV system noise towards the mainland I couldn't
copy but two of you. Sorry about that. Seeing the spectrum scope go
"quiet" when a 'test ends is always satisfying.

Improvements to do next year:
A full size 40m vertical with 80m inverted-L
10m receive loop to null out the PV system noise
Operate most of the 'test -- about 20 hours

FTdx-10 + AL811 amp at 600W
6BTV vertical
Hexbeam up 35'
Fairly level shot to NA, uphill to EU and Asia, downhill to SA.