[3830] RAC Day WD6T(@N6RO) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day WD6T(@N6RO) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 05:14:24 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2022

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:  126    229       8        11
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  126    229       8        11  Total Score = 37,620

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Only had Thursday night to operate this year, due to work obligations on
Friday.

40m started very slow, but at dusk, SSB was suddenly the place to be (running.)

CQ DVR wasn't working.  But that turned out to be just fine, as it allowed for
constant improvisation of cajoling, begging and pleading, which paid off with a
large number of "I guess you're my number 1" QSOs.  Rate got so good
that I had to tear myself away to check CW for mults, and probably did so too
late. On phone, missed only NU/YT, while on CW, I missed PE/NL/NB/NU/NT.

Happy Canada Day and thanks to Ken N6RO and the gang.

Also, congrats to the W1VE MM team for an outstanding score.

Finally, I'll repeat my annual request to the contest managers to please have a
separate set of awards for DX and VE, and also to have separate SOSB awards for
the various bands.