[3830] IARU K4AB WRTC Practice LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K4AB WRTC Practice LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 13:25:40 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB K4BAI
Station: K4AB

Class: WRTC Practice LP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:   107     1      7        5
   40:   366     7     43       28
   20:   742   249     61       43
   15:   417    25     59       39
   10:    26    10     10        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  1658   292    180      112  Total Score = 1,890,408

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

That was a total hoot!  The contest just flew by.  I feel I could go another 24
hours.

In the above breakdown, countries are in the zone column.

John K4BAI and I used this contest as a practice session for WRTC next year in
Italy.  We tried to duplicate the WRTC setup as closely as possible.  Multi-two,
100 Watts, no spots, no super-check partial, no receive antennas, no 160 meter
operation, etc.  Our antennas were somewhat better than the antennas used for
WRTC. We also used WRTC scoring which counts countries, not zones as mults.

It actually turned out better than anticipated.  NO interstation interference at
all.  The switching arrangement worked well. And only a minor computer hiccup
which occurred after we had to power down during a lightning storm.  We lost one
hour of operating time due to the storm.  Not a surprise this time of year in
the South.

We are looking forward to doing this again next year in Bologna.

(2) TS-590SG
Array Solutions 6 x 2 antenna switch
Low Band Systems bandpass filters and triplexer
N1MM+ using WRTC module
80M wire 4 square
40M 2 el Force 12 Yagi with interlaced XR-5 tribander (Delta 6BA)@ 100'

According to the league robot, our IARU score(using zones) is 1,218,888.

73,
Larry K4AB
John K4BAI