[3830] IARU NG1M SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ng1m.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NG1M SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 17:30:26 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: NG1M
Operator(s): NG1M
Station: NG1M

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:          15      2       7
   40:          94      8      16
   20:         421     22      29
   15:          42     14      13
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     572     46      65  Total Score = 200,022

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Third time I have done this contest from my basement.  First time with High
Power.

Between POWER & dare I say EXPERENCE, my scores increased by a factor of
~FOUR from last year!  I was able be DOUBLE my number contacts in ~80% of the
total time!  And then at 2AM local time, with the 20M band still loaded with
activity, I ran out of steam.  While my tribander can reach around the world to
Australia, my low-band wires mainly generated local Zone 8 contacts.  So once
again, the Laws of RF Physics made clear the point that my station is not set up
for DX low band competitions – a project for retirement!

Thanks for all the contacts and polite & VERY PATIENT operators.  It always
amazed me our SSB contests are in English, and English is not everyone’s
native language.  The Ham Radio World is quite impressive!

Radio: FLEX 6400 & Power Genius XL Amp
Antennas: WTRC 2014 TB & wires (lacks 160M)
Logging: N1MM+

PS:  I read my postings & I sound like a giddy teenager – not someone in
their early 60s.  But I’ve only been doing this with my own equipment since
~2020 and it’s still all so new & exciting to me.  And I think that’s a
fine place to be!