[3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SOABSSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SOABSSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:07:56 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOABSSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.4

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       0      0       0
   40:   0       6      4       1
   20:   0      54     14      14
   15:   0      15      8       4
   10:   0       2      1       1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      77     27      20  Total Score = 11,045

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 & 160 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials
Conditions here were terrible here for the first half of the contest.  But after
supper, suddenly 20 meters opened up and I spent until almost midnight local
time working into Europe.

I never heard a workable signal on 80 meters despite visiting that band many
times. I never bothered to listen on 160.

This contest seems to be Europe and the USA. Very few JA and Oceania stations.

Thanks to all the ops who listened a little harder to get us the Q!

73,  Bill  W8QZA - W6QU