[3830] IARU KJ5T SOAB(A)CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] IARU KJ5T SOAB(A)CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:44:35 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SOAB(A)CW QRP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 8:06

  160:
   80:    1     0       1       0
   40:   15     0       6       1
   20:   55     0       7       9
   15:   25     0      11       5
   10:    4     0       3       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft KX2 @5W w/ Hustler 6BTV and a very low hanging 80M Dipole used for one
contact on 80!

Op time was a few hours short of my planned 12 hours, but glad to get on.  While
Q's were down from last year I did better on mults and managed to slightly beat
last year's claimed score.

20 was in great condition late at night which helped me add some of the HQ mults
late before I called it quits.  Biggest thrill of the night was 8N8HQ coming
back to me.  I rarely work any JA's with this set up and working Japan on 5
watts into a trap vertical is really for me what a lot of the magic of radio is
all about.

Wish I had heard more on 10, the few times I went up there the spots were
plentiful, but I wasn't hearing much.  Loudest signal on the band was TI7W.

Overall glad I was able to get on again and work friends and chase a few HQ
stations.

Thanks for indulging my love of QRP and pulling my weak signal out!

73 de KJ5T