[3830] CQWW VHF K3DNE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3dne@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K3DNE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 21:19:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K3DNE
Operator(s): K3DNE
Station: K3DNE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 15.25

    6:  178   104
    2:   25    20
-------------------
Total:  203   124  Total Score = 28,272

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were fair - certainly nothing like this year's ARRL June contest but
there were a few decent openings (on digital)!
As much as I tried, I never really got a "run" going on SSB. FT4 was a
bust again.
2m was VERY slow. I guess everyone was on 6m?
I called CQ on SSB on the top of many hours with only a few takers.
I think CQ should consider an "analog" only category similar to what
ARRL did to promote more SSB/CW activity.

Contest: CQWWVHF
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  CW       2       2    2   1.0
    50  FT4      3       3    2   1.0
    50  FT8    143     143   82   1.0
    50  USB     30      30   18   1.0
   144  FT8     19      38   17   2.0
   144  USB      6      12    3   2.0
 Total  Both   203     228  124   1.1
Score: 28,272

6M FTDX101D Quadra Amp (500w digital, 1KW SSB/CW) 4el HB Yagi at 42ft, KIO
Hexbeam at 42ft.
2M IC746 Lunar Link Amp (700w digital, 1KW SSB) 12el M2 at 47ft.