[3830] CQWW VHF AC0RA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AC0RA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 04:26:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: AC0RA
Operator(s): AC0RA
Station: AC0RA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Iowa
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

    6:  368   169
    2:  143    74
-------------------
Total:  511   243  Total Score = 157,707

Club:

Comments:

Once again this year I setup in a friends field in EN42hb except this year
decided to operate all band class. Huge thanks to NR0X for letting me take over
the place.

Began setup 5 days ahead of contest. Setup stacked 12s on 2m at 60ish feet about
300ft from the 6m antennas. The 2m transverter and pa were mounted at the bottom
of the tower. For 6m setup stacked 6m5 centered at 52ft, 6m7 at 30ft and 6m7 at
55ft. Lots of problems to overcome during the setup process but in the end the
station worked flawless for the contest.

Saturday was ok on 6m but almost all activity was ft8 so it was slow but no real
good eskip opening either. The first few hours 2m activity was huge on ft8 and
in the first hour I logged 37qs and 25 grids on 2m. That was a good sign for 2m
this contest. As Saturday came to a close we all thought it can't be worse on
Sunday right...

Well it was, Sunday was a ft8 slug fest the entire time. One spotty opening to
SW netted some new mults but there weren't even that many qs to be had on ft8.
Sunday was a major drag.

Highlight of this contest was the 2m effort. Biggest effort/score I've ever had
on 2m.

Thanks to all the rovers for the qs!

73 Wyatt