[3830] IOTA WA2VYA SO24CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA WA2VYA SO24CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 20:03:43 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2022

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: SO24CW HP
QTH: CEDAR CREEK TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 20.6

   80:
   40:   97       38
   20:  153       41
   15:   49       21
   10:
Total:  299      100      0        0  Total Score = 237,900

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

FUN Contest and some unusual propagation.  Official operating time 20.6  hours,
as above, but actual on the air time, minus shorter than one hour breaks, was 17
hours 21 minutes.

Highlights: Working a new DXCC entity on 40m: BV9AYA; late evening opening on
15m to Indonesia and Hawaii; very loud signals from East Asia and Oceania on 40m
before my local sunrise both mornings.

Much better propagation at night on 20m than during the daylight hours.

One QSO was logged, but doesn't count for scoring in the contest, and is not
included in my claimed score.  We exchanged callsigns, RST and QSO numbers, but
I couldn't copy his/her IOTA number at high speed in noisy conditions with QSB,
despite many attempts.

Thanks for all of the QSOs.  Thank you to those who activated islands.  CU in
the next contest.

73, Frank WA2VYA