[3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 04:58:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:  126    37
   40:  319    54
   20:  280    54
   15:  115    39
   10:  132    37
-------------------
Total:  972   221  Total Score = 214,812

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

Most fun in a NAQP in a long time.  Before the contest started, I thought 10
would likely be dead and 15 would be very spotty.  But the contest started and
the high bands came alive.  After about 6 hours, I discovered I had been only
running 75W.  I had been using the amp and had forgotten to run the power up to
100. Doubt it made much difference.  Wanted badly to make 1000 QSOs, and it
seemed possible until the QRN on 80 gave me a pretty low rate on that band.  No
antenna for 160M at this time.  Had been able to resonate the 88' zepp on 160M
before the contest, but suspected it was just a dummy load and nobody would hear
me.  But, Chris, W4WF requested a QSY to 160M and I couldn't even get it to
resonate.  Thanks for all the QSOs and mults!  Hope to work many of you on SSB
in two weeks.  73, John, K4BAI.