[3830] NAQP CW N1RM Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N1RM Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 05:16:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:
   80:   51    24
   40:  315    55
   20:  238    55
   15:   75    22
   10:   22     8
-------------------
Total:  701   164  Total Score = 114,964

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Prime

Comments:

Got back in town a day early after being away for 2 weeks (no radio!). I felt
more than the usual amount of rust at the beginning, but the bands were great.
Got some mults on 10 and 15 to try to warm up and engage my CW brain. I got some
traction on 20M and was able to run for a while, but kept the speed around 28
WPM for self-protection. By the time I switched to 40M, I was in pretty good
shape and the band was full and really cooking. It was shooting fish in a barrel
for quite a while and then I found a great run frequency. The pileups were
steady but manageable. Went to 80 with about 1 hr of operating time to go and
did ok with my makeshift dipole. When it looked like I might break 700 Qs, I
switched back to 40 for the last 10 or so and made it to 701.

I had a great time. I remembered to keep the amp turned off!.  All the equipment
worked very well.

Thanks for the Qs!

73,
Rick