[3830] NAQP CW N3BB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N3BB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 18:10:18 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 05:48
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   18    13
   80:   46    24
   40:  187    45
   20:  176    47
   15:   58    31
   10:  221    37
-------------------
Total:  706   197  Total Score = 139,082

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Got on at the start, then again for an hour in between, and a nice stretch
toward the end after getting my wife to bed for the night. Stopped a bit after
05Z as just lost interest in the QRN on 80 and 160. Kudos to the full-timer
peeps.

The usual wonderful flow of snappy CW with some terrific (painful) pileups as
peeps are clicking on RBN spots, I suppose, and everyone is zero beat to me. Did
a little SO2R where I CQed on the run radio and picked off S&P stations with
the other radio, but not true interleaving (2BSIQ or whatever the symbol is).
That takes an amazing amount of mental focus. For me, as a serious part timer, I
just didn't have the gumption to focus to that level. To do 150 an hour
interleaving to a significant extent over ten hours is a real skill. I can do
it, and do it in the Sprints, but didn't have the commitment it takes for this
one.

Ten meters was in really good shape here. Yeah, for serious ops, twenty and
forty meters are where the real meat is, but it was good to see fifteen and ten
open so well.

Tnx for the contacts and congrats for some tremendous scores.

73, Jim N3BB