[3830] 222Up K0BAK/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up K0BAK/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:58:36 +0000
                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2022

Call: K0BAK/R
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  222:  18
  432:  20
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  38  Total Score = 10,412

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

My rover had just two bands for this contest, 222 and 432, but more gain and
more power than last year when I had four bands but about 20db less signal. I
intended to activate four (4-digit) grids around a grid corner on Saturday, but
with the lack of activity and 100+ heat index I gave up after just two grids and
17 contacts. I saw more contacts on Sunday when I activated my home grid around
noon, also making my longest contact of 300 miles on 432 FT8. I'm grateful to
superstations W8ZN, K1TEO, and N3NGE for almost half my contacts by being
willing to make a sched even though I can only give two bands.