[3830] 50FallSprnt K0BAK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt K0BAK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 01:56:06 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: K0BAK
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Because the air conditioning in my rover van is broken, I decided to take it to
a locally high spot in FN20gd and operate as a fixed station. I'm glad I didn't
make the effort to rove, because from my perspective there were grimly few
contacts to be made. The contest started great, my first contact was a station
in southern Spain, next was Nova Scotia, and then Florida. After that nice
start, the rest were local or medium distance. Before I left for home after a
little more than an hour, I called CQ for 15 minutes while turning my modest
Moxon and got zilch. I'm able to monitor the analog portion of the band while
operating FT8, and called CQ on SSB for a while early in the contest, but only
made three short-distance contacts on SSB.